Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week 11 Reading Dairy: Alice In Wonderland

This week I chose to read Alice In Wonderland.

It was a nice refresher from the other units that I have read. Instead of being broken up into many different stories that aren't all apart of a continuous story, this unit has multiple stories that encompass the chapter of a book. I enjoyed the extra detail that could be included because it was a continuous story.

The Caterpillar character has always intrigued me. In Advice from a Caterpillar, Advice from a Caterpillar (cont.), and Advice from a Caterpillar (end), he is just as confusing and strait forward as any of the others that I have read. I like the way that the Caterpillar makes Alice wait each time he starts to smoke the hookah. Alice is a very impatient girl, and her interaction with him forces her to look at things in a different light.

The cinema version of Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter was great. When I read A Mad Tea-Party, A Mad Tea-Party (cont.), and A Mad Tea-Party (end) I felt that Johnny Depp's performance was done quite well comparatively. The conversations that Alice and the Mad Hatter had were all over the place and had no real logic involved.

I think my favorite chapter was The Queen's Croquet Ground. In The Queen's Croquet Ground, The Queen's Croquet Ground (cont.), and The Queen's Croquet Ground (end) there is a lot of random things happening. I chuckled many different times whenever the chapter talked about the miss happenings with tr the hedgehogs and the flamingos. I did not care much for the queen herself. She has always been a crude character.

I was  little upset that the chapters skipped around, but I can definitely understand that it would have been a bit ridiculous to include all of the chapters in the book for us too read in one unit. Overall I really enjoyed reading this unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment