Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Week 10 Reading Diary: Tejas Legends Units

This week I read the Tejas Legends Units.

I enjoyed the Old Woolly Bird's Sacrifice story. i liked how the tribe would not let the old man disappear because he was to proud to be a burden on his fellow villagers. It is a good look into how the Native American culture reveres its elder.

I thought the story, The Tribe That Left Its Shoes was a clever one. It gives an interesting insight as to why the certain orchids that the story refers to have colors like the moccasins the tribe dropped. The different ways that cultures come up with reasons that things are a certain way.

The Cloud That Was Lost was a cute little story. I felt sorry for the cloud that ended up losing all of his brothers and sisters. The clouds being why you see fog early in the day and around dusk made me chuckle. I really do like the creativity that these tribes have.

No comments:

Post a Comment