Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Week 12 Reading Diary: Through the Looking Glass

This week I have chosen to continue the Alice in Wonderland unit and read the Through the Looking Glass unit.

The four or so stories that included Tweedledum and Tweedledee were quite fascinating. Those stories reminded me of the some of the times spent with my twin brother. From hanging out together, to having fights we have experienced much of what Tweedledum and Tweedledee showed in just those short stories.

I like the occasional inclusion of poems. When I read the unit, they introduced this upbeat reading style that quickened up that pace at which I was reading. I almost felt more energized after I read one of the rhyming poem sections like The Walrus and the Carpenter

Humpty Dumpty's character was a lot more snide and sarcastic than I expected him to be. Based off of the nursery rhyme that I have always heard, I have pictured him to be this helpless egg creature that falls down. In this Humpty Dumpty however, he is a pretty intelligent character (aside from occasionally making up new words).

No comments:

Post a Comment