Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Week 12 Storytelling:

It had been an exhausting day of crying, sleeping, and pooping, but I was finally home. Sitting in the lukewarm water of the bathtub Mr. Ducky was right along side me as we were swimming towards the battleship up ahead. When we reached the battleship, which was covered with green army men that were bad guys, we submerged ourselves underneath the water for a short period of time. waiting for right moment. As soon as that moment came, we leapt out of the water so high that we were able to get on to the ship's deck with ease.

Suddenly I felt myself being pulled out of the water and then immediately being wrapped up in a towel. I thrashed back and forth trying to escape so I could get back to Mr. Ducky and the super secret mission that we needed to accomplish to no avail. Eventually the towel was taken off of my head, and I found myself to be dry. As I started to soar through the air with everything whizzing by I put my arms out like I was flying. Out of nowhere I heard a loud cry for help coming from downtown, also known as my bedroom.

(Super Baby: Flikr Jacob Davies)
I flew there as quick as I could, but first, I had to change into my crime fighting outfit (i.e. my onesie). After I had donned the appropriate attire I was ready to figure out the source of the cry for help. Scouring downtown, my eyes quickly fell upon what I knew to be the source of terror. It was my evil twin brother on the other side of the room playing with Legos, he is always up to no good. Before I even knew what had happened, both of us were transported into this crib-like fighting arena.

When both of us had met eyes I said to him, "You know that we have to share this crib tonight right?"

He quickly responded, "I shared a 'room' with you for the last nine months! It isn't going to happen again anytime soon!"

Without giving me a chance to respond, he made the first move trying to punch me with his right hand. I quickly blocked it but was knocked a bit back. I tried to counter with a kick from my left leg, disappointed when it only found air as my brother had moved out of the way. I had severely underestimated his speed and needed to be smarter with my choice of attacks as the battle progressed.

As the battle raged on, bit by bit we started to land blows on each other. We were both evenly matched and I could tell that both of us were beginning to get tired. Finally I saw a weakness in his defence and went for it. I strung together many hits on him with both my fists and my feet and knocked him out of the crib. I don't remember much more than that. I was so tired that I immediately went to sleep in the crib that I was in.

Author's Note: The four stories about Tweedledum and Tweedledee gave me the inspiration for this story. When I read those stories, I felt like the two of them were twin brothers just like me and my twin. In one of the stories, Tweedledum and Tweedledee (end), they get ready to fight each other over a broken rattle. This story reminded me of one of the first nights that me and my brother were back from the hospital. My brother Alex, had tried to kick me out of the crib. To this day, we joke that he had gotten tired of being cramped while we were still in my mom and decided that he didn't want to sleep next to me ever again. I tried to imagine the story in my own eyes.

Bibliography:
Book Title: Through the Looking Glass, and What Alice Found There
Book Author: Lewis Carroll
Book Year: 1871
Story Title: Tweedledum and Tweedledee (end)
Source: Tweedledum and Tweedledee


1 comment:

  1. Seth, this story evoked images that were absolutely adorable (side note: I think it's awesome that you have a twin!). I could certainly see two toddlers arguing over the crib, and I loved that you incorporated some of your own early memories into this story. It's definitely interesting to try to reimagine the world through the eyes of an infant, and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete