Monday, August 18, 2014

Week1: My Favorite Places

I thought about my favorite places and was able to chisel it down to two places.


Norman, Oklahoma

I have lived in Norman for my entire life and loved every minute of it. From the busy fall and spring semesters to the slow summers, any individual can find a place to be accepted. It is a town full of wonderful and kind people who are always dedicated to the Oklahoma football tradition. I couldn't resist not saying BOOMER SOONER!

(Welcome sign on Main St.: Wikipedia)

(Oklahoma Gaylord Family Memorial Stadium: Wikimedia Commons)

Karlsruhe, Germany

Karlsruhe has a special place in my heart because of the family I have that live there. Two summers ago I spent a week there learning about the city and celebrating my great aunt's birthday. They made 12 different cakes from scratch. There was so much sugar I didn't know what to do with myself. One of the most beautiful sights I have seen is the Karlsruhe castle at night. The lights surrounding the castle make it a stunning sight to see and walk around.

(Karlsruhe Castle: Wikipedia)



1 comment:

  1. What a great combination, Seth: Norman, Oklahoma and Karlsruhe, Germany ... this could very well be the first time that the two cities have been combined in a blog post in the whole history of the Internet! And the pictures you chose for both are just super. In fact, I really like the way the grandeur and extend of the stadium and the castle echo one another. Super! Now if only there were a way we could have not just pictures to look but also delicious cakes to eat via the Internet too... Anyway, this all looks good, and I hope you will enjoy the class!

    ReplyDelete